The experienced underwriting team of Atrium is positioned within the Lloyd’s of London market to provide unique insurance solutions specifically tailored to meet the requirements of its client base who are engaged in the exploration and production phases of oil and natural gas extraction.
Until a sustainable alternative is found, the energy industry is under pressure to satisfy the oil and gas requirements of the world’s growing population. The rising global demand for hydrocarbons means the search for natural resources requires the industry to operate in ever deeper water & harsher environments. Atrium prides itself on the ability to adapt and change to meet clients’ needs and is recognised as having a long history of providing the relevant expertise in insurance and reinsurance products to assist our clients during the evolution of the energy industry.
At Atrium we look to forge long term partner relationships with our clients. Our assureds generally fall into either of these main categories:
- Operators – private & publically traded companies, National Oil Companies, OIL members
- Contractors - drilling, service and construction entities
Coverage is afforded under the following principal headings:
- Physical Damage / Business Interruption
- Control of Well and associated pollution
- Construction all risks
- Gulf of Mexico Windstorm and other natural catastrophe perils
The majority of assets covered are located offshore. They range from small unmanned platforms to multi-bridge linked platform complexes, as well as floating units such as tension leg platforms, spars and floating production storage and offloading vessels (FPSOs). We also cover field infrastructure, such as subsea templates, infield and export pipelines. Onshore assets insured include but are not limited to land rigs & associated lease property, processing facilities and pipelines. The offshore drilling contractor fleet consists mainly of jack ups, semi-submersibles and drillships.
Atrium is a well established Lloyd’s Syndicate operating within the parameters of Lloyd’s franchise, with underwriters who are accessible at the box to trade well before the market traditionally opens.
Did You Know?
Atrium is partnering with Shell to insure the ground-breaking construction of the Prelude FLNG set to be the world’s first floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facility.
- At 488metres long it will be the largest vessel ever constructed
- 4 football fields laid end to end would be shorter than the facility’s deck
- 175 Olympic-sized swimming pools could hold the same amount of liquid as the facility’s storage tanks
Troll A platform, located in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, started production in 1995 and has been insured with Atrium through Statoil’s insurance programme ever since.
- Weighing in at 656,000 tonnes it is the world’s biggest structure ever moved by mankind
- It is 472 metres high which is over 1.5 times as high as The Shard
- Katie Melua entered the record books by playing the world’s deepest underwater concert at the bottom of the installation to celebrate the 10th anniversary of production
To find out what our trusted team of Underwriters can offer you and to find out more about our classes, our agility and decision making approach, contact any of our underwriters or call us on +44 (0)207 327 4877
Should you have a specific claims issue or wish to find out more about our first class claims support please go to our claims page, for general claims service queries in the first instance please contact your agent or broker.